Thursday, March 8, 2007

Thank You!

Thank you to the design community for the wonderful comments pouring in from all over the world about our apartment. I'm overwhelmed by what people have been saying. Wow.

When I did the mural on the ceiling, I had just moved up to Montreal and really missed my family and friends. Alpona designs, which I've based the patterns from, are usually painted on the floors. Because I felt a little like my life turned upside down, somehow painting the ceiling was a way to make me feel at home in an unknown city. Now it's as refreshing as a summer day (especially good during the Montreal winters) and Sanj and I will be really sad to leave our comfortable nest.

But we are also really excited to start the next phase of our lives! On Wednesday, we found THE house of our dreams and after an emotional afternoon of imagining our future together, we feel very fortunate that our offer was accepted! The house itself has wonderful bones and doesn't need any major work on it (thankfully) but I can already see some nooks, crannies and ceilings that wouldn't mind a personal touch!

The New Pad

Clockwise from top left: Front of the house, main living area, upstairs
sun room and master bedroom. Photos are courtesy of Sutton Realty


Thanks again to everyone, it's very touching to hear people respond so positively to my work. If anyone decides to paint their ceilings, please send me a picture, I would love to see it!

1 comment:

** Terramia ** said...

I love that exposed brick wall! So full of character. I know for certain you will create a heavenly abode... home is where the heart is afterall!
Namaste... (: